about > management team > consulting team > support team > locations > careers > organizations > giving back
ALMnetwork consulting team
team with audit, banking, consulting, regulatory, and software background
Leo Blecker, Senior Consultant: 20+ years experience
- current projects include ALCO reporting and Fair Value analyses
- previously, CFO and Treasurer of community banks and Managing Director of ALCO consulting firm
- Leo has a B.A. in Business Administration, with a concentration in Corporate Finance from Upsala College.
Greg Driscoll, Senior Consultant: 25+ years experience
- current projects include internal review, ALCO reporting and Fair Value analyses
- previously the SVP, ALM for a large regional bank and 25 years in bank Treasury management
- Greg has a B.A. in History from Harvard University and is a graduate of Stonier Graduate School.
Dan O’Neill, Senior Consultant: 25+ years experience.
- current projects include ALM model reviews and on-site ALM model support and training
- previously the product manager for IPS-Sendero (fiserv) AL model and 10 years in bank Treasury management
- Dan has a Bachelor of Arts, with Majors in: Business Administration, Classical Languages, French Literature from Rockford College.
Terry Treadwell, Senior Consultant, CPA: 25+ years experience.
- current projects include ALM model reviews and outsourced internal audit
- previously, Director of Finance for large community bank, COO of ACH firm, and external audit (KPMG)
- Terry has a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Florida.
Howard S. Stern, PhD, Sr. Consultant: 25+ years experience
- current projects include FDIC loan acquisition model validation, Core Deposit studies, and credit modeling
- previously, Howard worked with ADCO developing default and prepayment models, and has experience at regional and global banks and hedge funds
- Howard has a PhD in Economics from MIT and taught Finance at the University of Arizona
Anne Toomey, Sr. Consultant; 25+ years experience
- Current projects include include VBA code validation for custom applications and reporting process improvement
- previously and currently, Anne is President of Databasics Solutions and was with XEROX for about 15 years in systems and sales roles
- Anne has a BA from the University of Virginia
real world solutions >
real time ALCO reporting? Over the past few years, there have been days with historically high interest rate volatility. After several such days, the management of Sample Bank believed their annual budget was no longer accurate.
Working with the ALMnetwork, Sample Bank produced forecasts based on rates “as of” the prior days’ close. While not exactly “real-time” reporting, next day reporting was useful to the management of Sample Bank in comprehending their new earnings position, formulating new tactics and strategies, and fine-tuning their pricing.